Proposal for Contents Lists
Guiding principles for Pages:
- Always make a page if you want a page, don't wait until there is a good structure to hang it on
- Every page should (ideally) be reachable by browsing from the main page in 4 clicks or less
- If the structure starts looking messy, change it (with consultation), don't wait for major clean-ups.
- Try not to make too many levels. Only include a heading or page when there's is something in it. Empty pages are very frustrating.
- Yes, like it. DJJ 10:38, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
By the way - I like "other" better than "Misc" but I think we are getting a bit messy on the front page. "Westerly Yachts" seems a strange heading for something about the company and is confusing compared to "Westerly Classes". I'll have a think. Julian 09:17, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
At the article level sections could be:
- 1 to n article specific sections. For example very generally before, during and after sections.
- Resources Section â€“ containing web links to suppliers of materials or services
- References Section â€“ containing cross reference to WOA Journal issues and Magazine articles
This should generate a table of contents if the article structure demands it.
See examples of both above set up under Centaur
Added a header to collect material about lif in the Westerly Yard - "Westerly Yard Scrapbook". Subject was suggested to me by a Boatline member. Could provide some fascinating glimpses of the Westerly Yard and maybe some unique pictures.
Also suggest we add a template for a picture gallery so we can collect and display more pictures about each class. DJJ 14:43, 8 December 2011 (UTC)